Health Survey for England
Health Survey for England
What is the consultation?
This is a public consultation on the future of the Health Survey for England (HSE), and is your chance to influence the future of this important, long-running survey.
Why are we having this consultation?
We need to understand:
- how the survey is used and what users' priorities are, to help us make informed decisions on the future content and structure of the survey
- how different people and organisations use the varied information from the survey and how important it is to them
- what things about the survey you would not want to change, but also what innovations you would like to see
- what information you would like from the survey over the next few years
Please note the questions included in the questionnaire are suggestions designed to stimulate thought and are not advocating solutions or committing to their inclusion.
The contract for this survey is due for renewal for 2016 onwards. This information will help us justify both the need for the survey and the related public expenditure to continue providing it. Your answers will help us decide if, for example, we should change how many people the survey covers or the way it is done. We want to ensure that the survey continues to be relevant and meaningful to the people who use it, and that we are meeting their information needs in the best and most cost-effective way. Your comments will be considered against resource pressures and will be invaluable in determining requirements for any new contractual arrangements.
How to respond
This consultation will run from 23 October 2013 to 30 December 2013 . Please ensure you submit any comments prior to the closing date so they can be considered.
- This consultation document [247kb] describes the current survey design and future options, and gives more details about the information the survey has collected. Please read it before answering the questionnaire.
- The consultation questionnaire can be completed online.
- Or can be downloaded [215kb], completed and returned via email or post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Surveys Team
The Health and Social Care Information Centre
1 Trevelyan Square
Comments are invited from all interested parties. If you could also provide contact details (name, email address, organisation) this will also allow us to follow-up with any questions that arise from your response.
If there is sufficient interest we will hold two events in November to support the public consultation, where people who use the survey can discuss their information needs with HSCIC staff and other survey users. Everyone with an interest in using Health Survey for England data is welcome to attend, though places will probably be limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please email email@example.com to register an interest and state if London or Leeds. If events are held we will email you with details at a later date.
If you would like to know more about the consultation or if you have any queries, please contact the Surveys Team at the HSCIC at firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication of the consultation outcome
The findings from the consultation exercise will be published on our website in early 2014.
Responses: confidentiality and disclaimer
Please note that if you want the information that you provide to be treated as confidential, be aware that, under the Freedom of Information Act, there is a statutory Code of Practice with which public authorities must comply and which deals, among other things, with obligations of confidence. In view of this it would be helpful if you could explain to us why you regard the information you have provided as confidential. If we receive a request for disclosure of the information, we will take full account of your explanation but we cannot give assurance that confidentiality can be maintained in all circumstances.