NHS Staff Earnings, Estimates - July-September 2009
Based upon payments to staff between July and September 2009 we present estimates of annual basic pay and total earnings for NHS staff groups (excluding GPs and high street dentists). We've taken pay data from all NHS organisations using the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) during the period. The methodology used to produce these estimates is available above.
- Basic pay for all of the key non-medical staff groups showed minimal change in the last quarter with none of these groups' mean basic pay altering by more than 1 per cent from the last quarter. This was expected as there were no pay awards in this period.
- Mean basic pay for Qualified Nurses fell 0.3 per cent in the last quarter from £29,000 to £28,900.
- Consultants on the new contract (95 per cent of all consultants) saw basic pay fall by 0.1 per cent over the last quarter from £90,900 to £90,800. The latest estimate for Consultants' average total earnings on the new contract is £121,700, an increase of £3,000 (2.5 per cent) in the last year.
Can't find what you need? Please email our Contact Centre for assistance.
You can also Have Your Say about our statistical publications.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Guide to Confidentiality in Health and Social Care
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework (ASCOF)
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email email@example.com