NHS Dental Statistics for England - 2012-13, First quarterly report
Please note that figure 3b in the report shows data relating to adult patients seen as a percentage of the population, rather than total patients seen as a percentage of the population as stated in the chart title.
This quarterly report brings together information on NHS dental activity in England up to Q1 2012/13 and information on the number of patients seen by an NHS dentist, up to the second quarter of 2012/13.
- A total of 29.6 million patients were seen in the 24 month period ending September 2012, an increase of 1.4 million on the March 2006 baseline.
- The number of children seen by an NHS dentist is equal to the March 2006 baseline of 7.8 million although the percentage of children seen (68.9 per cent) is below the baseline (70.7 per cent).
- There were an estimated 9.7 million Courses of Treatment (CoTs) in Q1 2012/13, a decrease of 103 thousand (1.1 per cent) on Q1 2011/12. CoTs rose for Band 3 and other treatment bands in 2012/13 compared to the corresponding quarter in 2011/12.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org