Dental Earnings and Expenses, Northern Ireland - 2011-12
Dental Earnings and Expenses, Northern Ireland - 2011-12 provides a detailed study of the earnings and expenses of full and part time self-employed General Dental Services dentists who were registered as holding a Dental Surgeon number to provide Health Service dentistry in Northern Ireland in 2011-12.
Where possible, the results are presented for Principal Dentists (those who are owners, directors, or partners of a dental practice) and for Associcate Dentists (those who are self-employed and enter into an agreement with a Principal Dentist, that is neither partnership nor employment).
This report was produced by the Health and Social Care Information Centre, and The Dental Working Group.
- Average taxable income (gross earnings less expenses) for Principal Dentists was £112,500, and for Associate Dentists, £55,700. For all self-employed dentists, this was £75,800.
- Average gross earnings (total earnings from self-employment before the deduction of expenses) for Principal Dentists were £318,600, and for Associate Dentists, £91,600.
- Average total expenses (business expenses allowable for tax purposes) for Principal Dentists were £206,100, and for Associate Dentists, £35,800.
Related linksReturn to Find data
Can't find what you need? Please email our Contact Centre for assistance.
You can also Have Your Say about our statistical publications.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Guide to Confidentiality in Health and Social Care
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework (ASCOF)
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0300 3035678 or email email@example.com