Dental Earnings and Expenses, Northern Ireland - 2011-12
Dental Earnings and Expenses, Northern Ireland - 2011-12 provides a detailed study of the earnings and expenses of full and part time self-employed General Dental Services dentists who were registered as holding a Dental Surgeon number to provide Health Service dentistry in Northern Ireland in 2011-12.
Where possible, the results are presented for Principal Dentists (those who are owners, directors, or partners of a dental practice) and for Associcate Dentists (those who are self-employed and enter into an agreement with a Principal Dentist, that is neither partnership nor employment).
This report was produced by the Health and Social Care Information Centre, and The Dental Working Group.
- Average taxable income (gross earnings less expenses) for Principal Dentists was £112,500, and for Associate Dentists, £55,700. For all self-employed dentists, this was £75,800.
- Average gross earnings (total earnings from self-employment before the deduction of expenses) for Principal Dentists were £318,600, and for Associate Dentists, £91,600.
- Average total expenses (business expenses allowable for tax purposes) for Principal Dentists were £206,100, and for Associate Dentists, £35,800.
Related linksReturn to Find data
Can't find what you need? Please email our Contact Centre for assistance.
You can also Have Your Say about our statistical publications.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Guide to Confidentiality in Health and Social Care
- Publication strategy
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework (ASCOF)
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via
Help us shape the next version of the website
Your comments are important to us because we are always looking at ways to improve your experience. Please take a few minutes to complete the questions, and let us know your thoughts. Your answers will only be used to help us improve the website.