28 April 2016Three quarters of inpatient bariatric surgery procedures performed on women28 April 2016: Women underwent 76 per cent of bariatric surgery procedures2 3 4 performed by the NHS during 2014-15, according to the latest figures released by the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC).
26 April 2016New report sheds light on GP practice workforce27 April 2016: New official figures published today detail all staff who provide health and care services within the GP practice workforce.
20 April 2016New trading name and new Chair for HSCICTwo exciting developments have been announced about HSCIC's future by Life Sciences Minister George Freeman.
20 April 2016New figures released on the information choices of patientsNew figures today show the number of patients that have opted out of sharing their care information outside the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) for purposes other than their direct care2.
10 February 2016DSfC Events
26 April 2016ePrescribing: Enabling Change for Effective ImplementationOn 26 April 2016, from 10 am to 4 pm, an event specifically aimed at those involved in the implementation of Lorenzo's IPPMA, is being held to provide healthcare providers with an opportunity to gain a practical insight from organisations that have recently deployed an ePrescribing solution.
04 May 2016HSCIC public board meeting: 4 May 2016Members of the public are welcome to attend and observe this meeting. It will take place at 10:30-12.30 (registration from 09.30) on Wednesday 4 May 2016, Wellington House, 133-155 Waterloo Road, London, SE1 8UG.
Resources for journalists
Consultations and surveys
- User requirements for the Library of Quality Assured Indicators
- Consultation on Lifestyles Compendia Reports
- Hospital Episode Statistics (HES): A consultation on proposed changes to statistical disclosure control applied to aggregated data
- Consultation on Adult Mental Health Statistics
- Consultation on draft code of practice on confidential information
- Consultation on DoLS output
- All consultations and surveys