21 July 2016First ever annual statistical publication for FGM shows 5,700 newly recorded cases during 2015-1621 July 2016: There were 5,700 (2) newly recorded (3) cases of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) reported in England during 2015-16, according to the first ever publication of annual statistics.
05 July 2016Antidepressants show greatest increase in number of prescription items dispensed5 July 2016: 3.9 million more items of antidepressant drugs dispensed in 2015 than in 2014
30 June 2016More than a million alcohol-related hospital admissions in 2014-1530 June 2016
27 June 2016Hospital acquired foot ulcers reduced by 50 per cent since diabetes inpatient audit launched27 June 2016 · Clinical audit shows a significant fall in foot ulcers but few changes in other patient harms and a continuing lack of specialist staff in many hospitals
07 September 2016NHS Digital public board meeting: 7 September 2016NHS Digital is holding a public board meeting on 7 September 2016. NHS Digital public board meetings are held regularly and members of the public are welcome to attend and observe the meetings.
Resources for journalists
Consultations and surveys
- Consultation on the Hospital Episode Statistics Privacy Impact Assessment Report
- Consultation on changes to HSCIC Statistics 2016/17 - 2018/19: Now Closed
- User requirements for the Library of Quality Assured Indicators
- Consultation on Adult Mental Health Statistics
- Consultation on draft code of practice on confidential information
- Consultation on DoLS output
- All consultations and surveys