What is Omnibus Survey?
Omnibus Survey is a web-based data collection tool which the NHS, social care and other organisations use to submit data to us. We also carry out data collections on behalf of the Department of Health, arms length bodies and others.
How do I use Omnibus Survey?
You can use the Omnibus Survey tool to:
- submit data
- review past submissions
- monitor submissions made by child organisations (SHAs/other parent organisations only)
How do I get access to Omnibus Survey?
- If you are responsible for submitting data to the Health and Social Care Information Centre you will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your details.
- Please list any and all data collections that you require access to and the name(s) of the organisation(s) you will be completing the collection(s) for.
- We will email you when the collection(s) you will be submitting are available for completion. Your Omnibus login details will be included in this email.
Support and guidance
For a quick introduction to logging in to Omnibus Survey and completing a return please see the following document:
For more detailed instructions on using Omnibus Survey please see the following document:
Since this document covers all of the uses of the Omnibus Survey tool it is fairly large (70 pages long). To get the best out of this document we suggest that you:
1. Keep the document open on your computer while completing a return, rather than saving the file to your computer.
2. Look through the table of contents on pages 3, 4 & 5 to locate the help you need.
3. Click on the content heading to go to that section.
4. Work through the step-by-step instructions.
If a particular section of the document refers you to another section (these will be in bold green text) you can also Click them to be taken to that section.
Need more help?
Please refer to the original data request email you should have received for the particular data collection you are involved in. This will tell you who to contact for further support.
If you cannot find those details or you need help with something that is not collection-specific please contact us at email@example.com