The choices people make can have a lasting impact on their health. Improving patient care isn't just about treating people's individual diseases, it also means changing and preventing harmful behaviours which can improve and even save people's lives.
By providing the national picture, we have a wealth of health information to support public health specialists. We can help you to assess the health needs of your area and compare yourself with similar organisations.
- Health promotion
- Health protection
- Health status
- Maternal, infant and child health
- All public health publications
Surveys, data collections and data sets
- Adult Dental Health Survey
- Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey
- Children's Dental Health Survey
- Health Survey for England
- Infant Feeding Survey
- KT31 Community Contraceptive Services
- KC50 Immunisation Programme
- Local Health and Wellbeing Survey for Younger People
- National Study of Health and Wellbeing
- NHS Stop Smoking Services
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Activity Data set (SRHAD)
- Survey of Carers in Households, England
- What About Youth?
Services, tools and other support information
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
- Compendium of Poplulation Health Indicators
- Digital mapping information
- National Child Measurement Programme
- Geographical resources
- Right Care
- Health Surveys Service
- Health Survey for England Bloodbank Project
- Population, births and deaths services
- Guidance on producing UK level child obesity statistics [192kb]
- See December's Health Survey for England Highlights.