The choices people make can have a lasting impact on their health. Improving patient care isn't just about treating people's individual diseases, it also means changing and preventing harmful behaviours which can improve and even save people's lives.
By providing the national picture, we have a wealth of health information to support public health specialists. We can help you to assess the health needs of your area and compare yourself with similar organisations.
- Health promotion
- Health protection
- Health status
- Maternal, infant and child health
- All public health publications
Surveys, data collections and data sets
- Adult Dental Health Survey
- Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey
- Children's Dental Health Survey
- Health Survey for England
- Infant Feeding Survey
- KC50 Immunisation Programme
- Local Health and Wellbeing Survey for Younger People
- National Study of Health and Wellbeing
- NHS Stop Smoking Services
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Activity Data set (SRHAD)
- Survey of Carers in Households, England
- What About Youth?
- Health Survey for England: Consultation [147kb]
- What About YOUth?
- Smoking Drinking and Drug Use Among Young People in England (SDD) Consultation [401kb]
- What About Youth (WAY) Survey 2014: Questions to gather Local Authority preferences [175kb]
- Health Survey for England: User Consultation - Outcomes Paper [987kb]
- Infant Feeding Survey - Outcomes Paper [724kb]
- Survey of Carers in England, 2009-10: Outcomes Paper [421kb]
Services, tools and other support information
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
- Compendium of Poplulation Health Indicators
- Digital mapping information
- National Child Measurement Programme
- Geographical resources
- Right Care
- Health Surveys Service
- Health Survey for England Bloodbank Project
- Population, births and deaths services
- Guidance on producing UK level child obesity statistics [192kb]
- See December's Health Survey for England Highlights.