Sickness Absence Rates in the NHS - July-September 2010
This statistical bulletin relates to sickness absence rates for staff at NHS organisations on the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) between July and September 2010. This is the 6th publication of sickness absence statistics using data taken form the Electronic Staff Record (ESR).
- Between July and September 2010 the average sickness absence rate for the NHS in England was 3.97 per cent falling from 4.34 per cent for the same period in 2009.
- The North West SHA area had the highest average sickness absence rate with its organisations averaging 4.44 per cent. The London SHA area had the lowest average at 3.39 per cent.
- Healthcare Assistants and Other Support Staff were the staff group with the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 6.0 per cent. The Medical and Dental staff group had the lowest average at 1.06 per cent.
- Amongst types of organisation, Ambulance Trusts had the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 5.33 per cent. Strategic Health Authorities had the lowest average with a rate of 2.19 per cent.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email email@example.com