Dental Earnings and Expenses - Northern Ireland, 2009-10
Dental Earnings and Expenses, Northern Ireland, 2009/10 provides a detailed study of the earnings and expenses of full and part time self-employed General Dental Services dentists who were registered as holding a Dental Surgeon number to provide Health Service dentistry in Northern Ireland in 2009/10.
Where possible, the results are presented for Principal Dentists (those who are owners, directors, or partners of a dental practice) and for Associcate Dentists (those who are self-employed and enter into an agreement with a Principal Dentist, that is neither partnership nor employment).
This report was produced by The NHS Information Centre for health and social care, and The Dental Working Group.
- Average taxable income (gross earnings less expenses) for Principal Dentists was £122,900, and for Associate Dentists, £62,700. For all self-employed dentists, this was £86,500.
- Average gross earnings (total earnings from self-employment before the deduction of expenses) for Principal Dentists were £344,600, and for Associate Dentists, £97,900.
- Average expenses (business expenses allowable for tax purposes) for Principal Dentists were £221,700, and for Associate Dentists, £35,200.
Related linksReturn to Find data
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org