NHS Dental Statistics for England: 2009-10
Publication date: August 18, 2010Return to Find data
This report considers NHS dental activity and workforce in 2009/10, the fourth year of the current dental contract system.
- Dentists performed 38.6 million Courses of Treatment (CoTs) in 2009/10, a 3.1 per cent increase (1.2 million) on 2008/09.
- This equates to 85.5 million Units of Dental Activity (UDA), a 5.0 per cent increase (4.1 million) on 2008/09.
- This represented 166,000 UDAs per 100,000 of the population.
- 55.4 per cent of the population (28.5 million people) saw an NHS dentist in the 24 month period ending 30 June 2010, a 0.3 percentage point increase compared to the 24 month period ending 30 March 2010.
- 22,000 dentists performed some NHS activity during 2009/10, a 3.1 per cent increase (660) on 2008/09.
Date Range: April 01, 2006 to March 31, 2010
Strategic Health Authorities
Primary Care Organisations
Related linksReturn to Find data
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org