General Ophthalmic Services, Activity statistics - England and Wales, Year ending 31 March 2010 [NS]
This report shows information about NHS ophthalmic activity provided through General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) in England and Wales in 2009/10 and on trends since 2000/01.
- There were 11.8 million NHS sight tests in England. This is an increase of 533 thousand (4.7 per cent) on the previous year.
- The number of vouchers processed in England increased by 282 thousand (6.8 per cent) to 4.4 million.
- The number of vouchers for repair and replacement was 443,429 in England and 26,474 in Wales.
- There were 735 thousand NHS sight tests in Wales, an increase of 16 thousand (2.2 per cent) on the previous year.
- 282 thousand optical vouchers were processed in Wales, an increase of 13 thousand (4.9 per cent) on the previous year.
Related linksReturn to Find data
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email email@example.com