General Ophthalmic Services, Activity statistics - England, Year ending 31 March 2011 [NS]
Numbers of NHS sight tests conducted per practitioner for financial year 2010/11 (table 1.5) as originally published in July 2011 were identified to be incorrect; due to the use of an incorrect denominator in the calculations. These figures have been corrected and republished as of 28/11/2011.
This report shows information about NHS ophthalmic activity provided through General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) in England in 2010/11 and on trends since 2001/02
- There were 11.9 million NHS sight tests in England. This is an increase of 127 thousand (1.1 per cent) on the previous year.
- The number of vouchers processed in England increased by 61 thousand (1.4 per cent) to 4.5 million.
- The number of vouchers for repair and replacement was 432 thousand.
Related linksReturn to Find data
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email email@example.com