Prescribing by Dentists - England, 2008
This bulletin provides an overview of NHS prescriptions written by dentists and dispensed in the community. It is based on data supplied by the Prescription Services division of the NHS Business Services Authority.
The bulletin looks at National level data for 2008 in terms of prescription items and Net Ingredient Cost (NIC) and looks at changes since 2006.
- in 2008 there were 4.65 million prescription items on NHS prescriptions prescribed by dentists at a net ingredient cost of £10.3 million dispensed in the community
- this represents a 1.7 per cent rise in prescription items and a 3.3 per cent fall in NIC when compared with 2007 figures
- in 2008 prescribing of Controlled Drugs (Schedules 1-5) by dentists represented 0.09 per cent of all Controlled Drug items prescribed and 0.01 per cent of the total Controlled Drugs NIC.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org