Prescribing by Dentists - England, 2009
This bulletin provides an overview of NHS prescriptions written by dentists and dispensed in the community. It is based on data supplied by the Prescription Services division of the NHS Business Services Authority.
The bulletin looks at national level data for 2009 in terms of prescription items and Net Ingredient Cost (NIC) and looks at changes since 2005.
- In 2009 4.9 million prescription items, at a Net Ingredient Cost (NIC) of £10.4 million were prescribed by dentists and dispensed in the community.
- This represents a 5.6 per cent rise in prescription items and a 0.7 per cent rise in NIC when compared to 2008.
- In 2009 prescribing of Controlled Drugs (Schedules 1-5) by dentists represented 0.09 per cent of all Controlled Drug items and 0.01 per cent of the total NIC for Controlled Drugs.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email email@example.com