Prescriptions Dispensed in the Community, Statistics for England - 1998 to 2008 [NS]
This bulletin presents a summary of prescriptions dispensed in the community by community pharmacists, appliance contractors and dispensing doctors in England. The bulletin highlights recent changes and the main trends between 1998 and 2008.
- The net ingredient cost of all prescriptions dispensed decreased by 0.6 per cent to £8,325.5 million.
- 842.5 million prescription items were dispensed; an increase of 5.8 per cent on 2007.
- The leading BNF Chapter in terms of prescription items dispensed is the Cardiovascular System and in terms of net ingredient cost is the Central Nervous System.
- The leading BNF Section in terms of prescription items dispensed is Hypertension and Heart Failure and in terms of net ingredient cost is Drugs used in Diabetes.
- Analysis of prescribing for the elderly and children (based on exemption from the prescription charge) is not available for 2008.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email email@example.com