Prescriptions Dispensed in the Community, Statistics for England - 1999-2009 [NS]
This bulletin presents a summary of prescriptions dispensed in the community by community pharmacists, appliance contractors and dispensing doctors in England. The bulletin highlights recent changes and the main trends between 1999 and 2009.
- The net ingredient cost of all prescriptions dispensed increased by 2.6 per cent (£213.9 million) on 2008 to £8,539.4 million; a increase of 61.4 per cent over 1999.
- 886.0 million prescription items were dispensed; an increase of 5.2 per cent (43.5 million items) on 2008 and 67.2 per cent over 1999.
- The average net ingredient cost per prescription item was £9.64. The net ingredient cost per item in 2008 was £9.88 and in1999 was £9.99.
- There were, on average 17.1 prescription items dispensed per head of population compared to 16.4 in 2008 and 10.8 in 1999.
- This publication shows, for the first time, the leading 20 drugs in terms of net ingredient cost and the number of prescription items.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org