Quarterly Prescription Cost Analysis - England, July - September 2011
Quarterly Prescription Cost Analysis (PCA) provides details of the number of items and the net ingredient cost of all prescriptions dispensed in the community in England. The drugs dispensed are listed by British National Formulary (BNF) therapeutic class. This is the third quarterly publication and covers Quarter 3 (July to September) 2011.
- 241.6 million items dispensed
- These items had a combined net ingredient cost of £2,228.0 million
In November 2011 NHS Prescription Services began publishing PCA data on a monthly basis. As a result, we intend to cease publishing PCA data by quarter on this website. Our final publication will be on 25 April 2012 and will cover PCA data for Quarter 4, 2011.
Annual PCA Information for previous years is available as follows:
- From 2004 to present - Prescription Cost Analysis on this website.
- For 1998 to 2003 - Prescription Cost Analysis on the Department of Health website.
Related linksReturn to Find data
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email email@example.com