Social Care Indicators from the National Indicator Set - England, 2008-09, Provisional
The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government announced a new set of national indicators (NIS) for English local authorities and local authority partnerships. The set underpins the new performance framework for local government and meets the Government's commitment to introduce a clear set of national outcomes and a single set of national indicators by which to measure them. The first official year for these indicators is 2008-09.
The NHS Information Centre has now published the Social Care and Mental Health Indicators from the National Indicator Set – further analysis, provisional, England 2008-09 report which supersedes this publication. This new report contains breakdowns by client group, gender and age group where applicable and also includes two mental health indicators (NI 149 and NI150) for 2008-09.
Can't find what you need? Please email our Contact Centre for assistance.
You can also Have Your Say about our statistical publications.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Guide to Confidentiality in Health and Social Care
- Publication strategy
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework (ASCOF)
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
- Contact us via 0300 303 5678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org