NHS Staff Earnings, Estimates - April-June 2011
Based upon payments to staff between April and June 2011 we present estimates of annual basic pay and total earnings for NHS staff groups (excluding GPs and high street dentists). We've taken pay data from all NHS organisations using the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) during the period. The methodology used to produce these estimates is available above.
- Mean basic pay for unqualified and assistant non-medical staff groups increased by 1%-2% over the last quarter while qualified groups saw increases of up to 0.5%. This was in line with the annual Agenda for Change pay uplift in April 2011.
- Mean basic pay for qualified nurses rose by £100 (0.3%) from £30,200 to £30,300 in the last quarter.
- Consultants on the new contract (97% of all consultants) saw basic pay increase by 0.1% over the last quarter from £89,400 to £89,500. The latest estimate for Consultants' average total earnings on the new contract is £117,900, a fall of £2,500 (2.1%) in the last year.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org