NHS Staff Earnings, Estimates - October-December 2010
Based upon payments to staff between October and December 2010, we present estimates of annual basic pay and total earnings for NHS staff groups (excluding GPs and high street dentists). We've taken pay data from all NHS organisations using the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) during the period. The methodology used to produce these estimates is available above.
- Basic pay for all of the key non-medical staff groups either stayed the same or increased by up to 0.6 per cent in the last quarter. This was expected as there were no pay awards in this period.
- Mean basic pay for Qualified Nurses increased by £100 (0.3 per cent) in the last quarter to £30,100.
- Consultants on the new contract (96 per cent of all consultants) saw basic pay fall by 0.7 per cent over the last quarter from £90,200 to £89,600. The latest estimate for Consultants' average total earnings on the new contract is £118,200, a fall of £2,900 (2.4 per cent) in the last year.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- My IC
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS iView
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email email@example.com