Routine Quarterly Mental Health Minimum Data Set (MHMDS) Reports - Final Q2 and Provisional Q3 2012-2013, Summary statistics and related information
The MHMDS is a regular return of data generated by providers of adult secondary mental health services in England, in the course of delivering services to patients. From Q1 2011/12 onwards, the MHMDS also includes data from Independent Sector Organisations and is processed using the new system. Full details of the methods used in processing can be found in the MHMDS Version 4 User Guidance and Appendices (see related links).
The MHMDS dataset is received by the HSCIC as record level anonymised data from patient administration systems, Care Programme Approach systems and Mental Health Act administration systems.
Changes to this publication
From April 2013 the submission of MHMDS data will be made every month, rather than every quarter, to support the implementation of Payment by Results for mental health. From April 2013 there are also NHS wide changes as a result of the Health and Social Care Act 2012. As a result, the frequency and content of this publication will be changing after the publication of Q4 2012/13 Final data. We are currently consulting on changes to data quality measures (see Related link below). Further details will be provided in a Methodological Change Paper to be made available on this web site ( http://www.ic.nhs.uk/pubs/methchanges ) in early 2013.
In MHMDS Q2 Final (July to September) and Q3 Provisional (October to December) 2012/13 data:
- 68 NHS funded provider’s submitted data for Q2 and Q3, including seven independent sector providers.
- A new report has been added to the Summary Statistics showing the number of people with newly diagnosed cases of first episode psychosis receiving early intervention in psychosis services.
- Experimental analysis suggests that in Quarter 2 2012/13 72.1% of people considered in scope for PbR had been assigned to a Mental Health Cluster, the currency for mental health PbR.
- Further provider level experimental statistics are included in this release, including 7 day follow up and analysis of the consistency of information about uses of the Mental Health Act (1983).
- The number of home treatment episodes year to date was 89,975;
- The number of assessments by Crisis Resolution team’s year to date was 185,293;
- The number of patients receiving Home Treatment year to date was 75,133;
- The number of patients being treated by Early Intervention teams was 21,312;
- The number of people receiving Assertive Outreach services was 19,552.
You might also be interested inReturn to Find data
Can't find what you need? Please email our Contact Centre for assistance.
You can also Have Your Say about our statistical publications.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Guide to Confidentiality in Health and Social Care
- Publication strategy
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework (ASCOF)
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
- Contact us via 0300 303 5678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org