Dental Earnings and Expenses, England and Wales - 2011-12
Dental Earnings and Expenses, England and Wales, 2011-12, provides a detailed study of the earnings and expenses of full and part time self-employed primary care dentists who carried out some NHS work in England or Wales during 2011-12. The results are presented for Providing-Performer dentists (those who held a contract with a Primary Care Trust or Local Health Board and also performed dental services) and for Performer Only dentists (those who performed dental services but did not hold such a contract). This report was produced by the Health and Social Care Information Centre and Dental Working Group.
- Average taxable income (gross earnings less total expenses) from NHS and private dentistry for Providing-Performer dentists was £112,800, compared to £61,800 for Performer Only dentists. For all self-employed primary care dentists (that is, Providing-Performer and Performer Only dentists) this figure was £74,400.
- Average gross earnings (total earnings from self-employment before the deduction of expenses) for Providing-Performer dentists were £358,400, compared to £96,200 for Performer Only dentists.
- Average total expenses (business expenses allowable for tax purposes) for Providing-Performer dentists were £245,600, compared to £34,500 for Performer Only dentists.
Can't find what you need? Please email our Contact Centre for assistance.
You can also Have Your Say about our statistical publications.
Have your say on the HSCIC Publication Strategy - consultation open until 8 October.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Guide to Confidentiality in Health and Social Care
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework (ASCOF)
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0300 3035678 or email email@example.com