Dental Earnings and Expenses, England and Wales - 2011-12
Dental Earnings and Expenses, England and Wales, 2011-12, provides a detailed study of the earnings and expenses of full and part time self-employed primary care dentists who carried out some NHS work in England or Wales during 2011-12. The results are presented for Providing-Performer dentists (those who held a contract with a Primary Care Trust or Local Health Board and also performed dental services) and for Performer Only dentists (those who performed dental services but did not hold such a contract). This report was produced by the Health and Social Care Information Centre and Dental Working Group.
- Average taxable income (gross earnings less total expenses) from NHS and private dentistry for Providing-Performer dentists was £112,800, compared to £61,800 for Performer Only dentists. For all self-employed primary care dentists (that is, Providing-Performer and Performer Only dentists) this figure was £74,400.
- Average gross earnings (total earnings from self-employment before the deduction of expenses) for Providing-Performer dentists were £358,400, compared to £96,200 for Performer Only dentists.
- Average total expenses (business expenses allowable for tax purposes) for Providing-Performer dentists were £245,600, compared to £34,500 for Performer Only dentists.
Can't find what you need? Please email our Contact Centre for assistance.
You can also Have Your Say about our statistical publications.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Guide to Confidentiality in Health and Social Care
- Publication strategy
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework (ASCOF)
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0300 3035678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us shape the next version of the website
Your comments are important to us because we are always looking at ways to improve your experience. Please take a few minutes to complete the questions, and let us know your thoughts. Your answers will only be used to help us improve the website.