General Ophthalmic Services, Selected Statistics for England - April 2013 to September 2013
24th September 2014
It has come to our attention that the data for the following Area Teams is incorrect:
Q44 – Cheshire, Warrington and Wirral AT Q53 – Arden, Herefordshire and Worcestershire AT Q54 – Birmingham and the Black Country AT Q60 – Shropshire and Staffordshire AT
All other Area Team data and National level data are correct
We are currently working towards a solution and will update the information as soon as possible, we apologise for any inconvenience caused
The objective of the General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) is to provide, through community opticians' practices, preventative and corrective eye care for children, people aged 60 and over, people on low incomes and those suffering from or pre-disposed to eye disease. These tables show selected statistics of NHS Ophthalmic activity during the first half of 2013-14, at national and Area Team level. For detail on data coverage and collection see our beginner's guide to NHS Eye Care Data.
Users should also be aware of the Data Quality Statement, which accompanies this report. We welcome any feedback on these data, as well as suggestions for future reports. Comments can be submitted via the 'Have your say' link.
Responsible Statistician: Oliver Smith - Service Manager
Data available for England during the first half of 2013-14 show:
- There were 6.4 million NHS sight tests.
- 2.4 million optical vouchers were processed.
- There were 239,000 voucher items for repairs or replacement.
Related linksReturn to Primary care
Can't find what you need? Please email our Contact Centre for assistance.
You can also Have Your Say about our statistical publications.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Guide to Confidentiality in Health and Social Care
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework (ASCOF)
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
Contact us via 0300 3035678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org