General Ophthalmic Services, Selected Statistics for England - April 2013 to September 2013
The previous version of this publication contained incorrect data for the following Area Teams: Q44 – Cheshire, Warrington and Wirral AT Q53 – Arden, Herefordshire and Worcestershire AT Q54 – Birmingham and the Black Country AT Q60 – Shropshire and Staffordshire AT
All other Area Teams data were correct. As a result, certain England totals (by eligibility/voucher type) were also incorrect. We have now updated all information. All changes are highlighted in the data tables annex.
The objective of the General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) is to provide, through community opticians' practices, preventative and corrective eye care for children, people aged 60 and over, people on low incomes and those suffering from or pre-disposed to eye disease. These tables show selected statistics of NHS Ophthalmic activity during the first half of 2013-14, at national and Area Team level. For detail on data coverage and collection see our beginner's guide to NHS Eye Care Data.
Users should also be aware of the Data Quality Statement, which accompanies this report. We welcome any feedback on these data, as well as suggestions for future reports. Comments can be submitted via the 'Have your say' link.
Data available for England during the first half of 2013-14 show:
- There were 6.4 million NHS sight tests.
- 2.4 million optical vouchers were processed.
- There were 239,000 voucher items for repairs or replacement.
Related linksReturn to Primary care
Can't find what you need? Please email our Contact Centre for assistance.
You can also Have Your Say about our statistical publications.
- Publications Calendar
- Supporting transparency and open data
- Data quality
- Statement of administrative sources
- Methodological changes
- International statistics
- Aligning statistics to the new health landscape
- Ordering printed materials
- Guide to Confidentiality in Health and Social Care
- Publication strategy
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework (ASCOF)
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics
- Indicator Portal
- MHMDS Online
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- All tools
- Contact us via 0300 303 5678 or email email@example.com