Standards are set to provide the consistency necessary to support organisations to offer reliable, effective, timely and quality public health and social care services.
Underpinned by supporting guidance, standards specify rules for the collection, processing, management and sharing of information to support patient care.
"Any public body which exercises functions in connection with the provision of health services or of adult social care in England must have regard to information standards published as per Health and Social Care 2012, Section 250."
- Addressing and Addressing (NHS staff only, N3 connection required)
- Clinical Record Standards
- Clinical Safety
- Information Governance
- Information Standards
- National data sets
- NHSmail (NHS staff only, N3 connection required)
- Organisation Data Service
- Pathology Messaging
Services, tools and other support information
- HSCIC Data quality standards
- National Casemix Office
- Technology Reference data Update Distribution (TRUD)
- Read Codes V2 and Clinical Terms V3 Cross-Maps (consultation)
- NHS Drug and Device Terminology Review (consultation)
- Dictionary of Medicines and Devices (dm+d) (external)
- eHealth Open Source (external)
- Information Standards Board (ISB) (external)
- International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation (external)
- NHS Data Model and Dictionary (external)
- Standards consulting group