Support and guidance
This section will help you find what you want on our website, and also contains contact information if you need more assistance.
If you are looking for ...
Products listed by subject area, use our topic pages:
|Community care||Estates and facilities||Hospital care||Information governance|
|IT infrastructure||Mental health||Patient experience||Prescribing|
|Primary care||Public health||Social care||Standards|
These topics are also available at the bottom of every page in the website.
Data in one of our publications or indicators:
- Use the Find data area to search or browse our catalogue of official statistics and reports.
- Use our A-Z listing of publication titles.
- Check the Publications Calendar, which lists both past and future publications by release date.
- Search the Indicator Portal for our 3,000+ indicators or our Indicators for Quality Improvement.
Not sure about the difference between an official statistic and an indicator? See the list of services we offer.
The data sets and collections we maintain:
- See the Collecting data section, or
- Use the Product A-Z at the bottom of every page to link directly to our product pages.
Access to data:
- Find out about the data we release as Open Data.
- See our Data Linkage and Extract Service, which provides extracts from a range of individual and linked data sets, and can link individual sets of data in a secure environment.
- If you are a health or social care organisation, read the latest information on accessing personal confidential data for secondary purposes.
Information about how we protect patient data:
- See our section on Looking after your health and care information.
- Find out about the various rules governing the use and sharing of confidential information in the Guide to Confidentiality in Health and Social Care.
- Visit our Information Governance section.
A system or tool that we provide or support:
- See our IT infrastructure topic page for information about NHS Mail, Choose and Book, NHS Number, and other infrastructure systems.
- See our Tools page for links to tools that help you compare and manipulate data.
- See the Systems section for an alphabetical listing of all systems and tools.
How to request information:
- Publications Calendar: April 2013 - March 2014
- Official statistics A-Z
- Consultations and surveys
- Glossary of Acronyms
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email email@example.com
Other useful websites
- NHS Choices, to select NHS services
- NHS Direct, for 24-hour health advice
- Department of Health, for policies and plans