Support and guidance
This section will help you find what you want on our website, and also contains contact information if you need more assistance.
If you are looking for ...
Products listed by subject area, use our topic pages:
|Community care||Estates and facilities||Hospital care||IT infrastructure|
|Mental health||Patient experience||Prescribing||Primary care|
|Public health||Social care||Standards||Workforce|
These topics are also available at the bottom of every page in the website.
Data in one of our publications or indicators:
- Use the Find data area to search or browse our catalogue of official statistics and reports.
- Use our A-Z listing of publication titles.
- Check the Publications Calendar, which lists both past and future publications by release date.
- Search the Indicator Portal for our 3,000+ indicators or our Indicators for Quality Improvement.
Not sure about the difference between an official statistic and an indicator? See the list of services we offer.
The data sets and collections we maintain:
- See the Collecting data section, or
- Use the Product A-Z at the bottom of every page to link directly to our product pages.
Help comparing or manipulating data:
- See the Data Linkage and Extract Service for how to get Hospital Episode Statistics (HES) compared with other kinds of data
- Check our Tools section for ways to manipulate data sets for social care (NASCIS) or Workforce, GP Outcomes, and others (iView), and many more.
- See our Bespoke Extracts Service to get quotes on customized data extract services.
Information about how we protect and use patient data:
- See our section on Looking after your health and care information.
- See our section on Data flows transition if you are a health or social care organisation wanting information on legal access to patient-confidential data.
- See our Information Governance section.
A system or tool that we provide or support:
- See our IT infrastructure topic page for information about NHS Mail, Choose and Book, NHS Number, and other infrastructure systems.
- See our Tools page for links to tools that help you compare and manipulate data.
- See the Systems section for an alphabetical listing of all systems and tools.
How to request information:
Contact us via 0845 3006016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other useful websites
- NHS Choices, to select NHS services
- NHS Direct, for 24-hour health advice
- Department of Health, for policies and plans