Working for us
Working for us
Who we are
The Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) was set up on 1 April 2013 as a brand new Executive Non-Departmental Public Body (ENDP) to improve the lives of patients in England through quality data, information and supporting IT infrastructure and technology.
Working for us
Our staff come from a range of sectors including the NHS, civil service and private organisations. We welcome and encourage this diversity for ideas, business improvement and providing excellent customer service. There is an emphasis on team working at the HSCIC to achieve great results within a supportive and friendly environment.
Our employees are employed on NHS terms and conditions.
Flexible working and office bases
Our Head Office is based in Leeds city centre with other regional offices located around England. Some roles are office based whilst others involve travel to client sites and other HSCIC offices.
At the HSCIC all employees can request a flexible working arrangement. We have a range of family-friendly policies to support our employees including an enhanced maternity leave policy.
- a competitive remuneration package
- flexible working arrangements in many roles
- a great pension
- a commitment to the equality and diversity agenda
- excellent career development opportunities
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an innovative and supportive environment
- offices across many locations in England
- childcare vouchers
- national and local discount schemes (insurance, travel, retailers, utilities etc)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) an online information resource and telephone service providing confidential information across a range of useful areas e.g. financial, legal, health and wellbeing as well as counselling services.
Roles within the HSCIC
The roles we have at the HSCIC are extremely varied due to the complexity and broad range of activities we undertake. Many of our roles are analytical and statistical, and require strong IT skills.
We also employ many project managers and head office support staff to ensure that individual programmes of work are delivered on time and achieve maximum benefits for our customers.
Our roles include:
- Accounts & Finance
- Administration, Business Support & Facilities
- Commercial & Procurement Management
- Data Analysis and Processing
- Deployment & Implementation
- Human Resources
- Information Governance
- Information Management
- Information Technology
- Project & Programme Management
- Service Management
- Stakeholder Engagement & Communication
Developing our people
The HSCIC's passion for driving improvements to the health and care system within England through information and technology resources is realised by our people. Our people are our most valuable asset and investing in this talent is important to us.
Joining a new business is an exciting time but can also be a little daunting. Here at the HSCIC, we offer:
- A tailored induction
- A personal development plan
- Training and support
Equality and Diversity
At the HSCIC we believe that a key ingredient to success is the diversity of our workforce where differences are valued. We welcome diversity which includes all of the things which make us unique including our backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We promote an environment that fosters dignity and respect. We believe that this makes us a better organisation by bringing in new ideas and perspectives. This enables us to better support and make a positive difference to the health and care system across England which caters for a broad range of needs.
The HSCIC supports the "Two Ticks - Positive About Disabled People" scheme and welcomes applications from candidates with a disability.
Please view and apply for our current vacancies on NHS Jobs